Building a custom home can be an extremely exciting, rewarding process… And with so much at stake, it’s important to hire the exact right team of contractors for the job! The only problem? For soon-to-be homeowners who may be feeling somewhat overwhelmed or confused by the construction process, selecting the right contractor can be a challenge.
With over 10 years of experience building custom homes in WV, MD, VA, and surrounding areas, we’ve learned a thing or two about what it takes to pull off a successful custom construction project. With that in mind, here are 15 questions you should ALWAYS ask potential contractor before signing on the dotted line for your custom home.
15 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Custom Home Contractor
- How much experience do you have building in this area?
- Have you worked on many other projects like mine? Can I see any examples?
- Who else will be helping you with my construction project?
- Is your entire team licensed and insured, including subcontractors?
- Who will be overseeing our project?
- What’s your process for making sure our project stays within budget and within our agreed upon timeframe?
- What warranties do you offer?
- Do you offer assistance with design decisions?
- Do you guarantee the quality of your work?
- How do you communicate throughout the project?
- What is and isn’t included in your services?
- Can you ensure my home will be energy efficient?
- What separates you from other home builders?
- Can my lawyer review our contract before we sign?
- Can you provide a few local references who I could speak to?
Ready to Start Planning Your Custom Home Build?
We’d love to help! Get in touch with us here to learn more about our custom home construction process and decide whether we might be a good fit for your project.